Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Never Underestimate the Power of Good

Documentaries don't change things in and of themselves, but they can motivate that action, and that alone is an exciting prospect in a world that is desperately in need of reformation. If you are interested in documentary production, there is a book that we read in my documentary class at TCU called "Directing the Documentary" by Michael Rabinger. It get's my reccomendation. In fact I brought it to work with me today so that I could refresh on some of the techniques it suggests.

I leave on Friday for South America. I will be going into the jungle with a team of missionaries, a doctor, a dentist, and a few nurses to set up medical clinics in various villages. I will be shooting a short documentary film about the trip. We have been preparing for the trip since January, however, until today, four days before we leave, I didn't have a camera. However, as of 9:30am this morning a Sony HVR-Z1U has been donated for use on the trip, which means HD baby! Here is a list of equipment I will be bringing:

1 small, waterproof Pelican case (hopefully)
1 small, lightweight consumer tripod
1 Senheisser shotgun mic
1 Sony HVR-Z1U HD Camcorder
10 64minute DVCam tapes (capable of shooting HDcam footage)
1 fold out reflector

0 comments: