Monday, June 26, 2006

It Aint Pretty It's My Setup

These days, I'll take what I can get, especially if it works. While one would never invite clients into a room like this, sometimes function wins out over fashion.
Here is what you see:

*G4 1.25 GHz dual processor, 1 Gig SDRam
*Blackmagic DeckLink Extreme™ PCI card being fed SDI from a Digibeta deck
*1 500-gig Lacie Drice via 6 pin Firewire (capture scratch), 1 160-gig Lacie daisy chained through an 80-gig Lacie
*17inch Apple Monitor
*Epson Printer and Scanner
*DVD Duplicator
*Final Cut HD, Compressor, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and DVD Studio Pro

This is the setup that I will use to edit the Brazil Documentary from now on. As per my post on burning high quality DVDs, this machine will be used for that tutorial as well. All of my voice over for the documentary will be recorded using a Mackie mic, through a Mackie board and actually recorded into an Avid Media composer through the digitize tool. (If you are interested in seeing what that looks like let me know.)

0 comments: