Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Hardrive Just Crashed

The 500 gig Lacie drive that I had all of my footage, voice-overs, graphics and music on just crashed. It has been shutting off and then coming back on each morning when I turned it on for the first time and I knew there was a problem. This time it didn't turn back on, and won't turn back on no matter what I do. Most of what I had on it was backed up, thank goodness, however, the drive doesn't belong to me and it's overdue which is going to strain my relationship with the friend I borrowed it from (I will of course buy him a new one). Some data will no doubt be missing and irreplaceable, this is a major setback under the time constraints I am in.

Oh, and also, my sister's wedding video that I was cutting was on the hardrive that crashed and that wasn't backed up at all, which means it's gone for good. - "Deep exhale."

*It turns out that I didn't have everything backed up like I thought I did. I have to recapture my footage and I don't have a deck to do it with. This is not good.

2 comments:

Sara said...

very sorry to learn of this. when i read your blog, though, i didn't sense a huge amount of anger - frustration, but that you're dealing with it well. this really sucks. that's one of my fears with my photography stuff is that it will get lost through technological malfunctions. you really were up late. i had a thought of going up to your office to check email and get a last glimpse of the coolest office ever. but then i fell asleep.

10:37 AM
heather hub said...

oh gosh...i'm so sorry...that is so painful to read.

9:27 AM